And THE Ultimate Strength Fighter George Hackenschmidt who was the best fighter in the world, the strongest man in the world, and the best-built man in the world all at the same time.
ALIASES: The Russian Lion, Hack
BIRTHDATE: August 1, 1877
DEAD DATE: February 19, 1968 (aged 90)
BIRTHPLACE: Dorpat, Estonia, Russian Empire
HEIGHT: 5’9 1/4″
WEIGHT: 206 lbs
PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING DEBUT: September 1896
RETIRED: September 4, 1911
WIN-LOSS RECORD: Over 3000 wins and only 2 losses
- The first recognized and undisputed World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion
- The greatest professional wrestler of all time (tie with Frank Gotch)
- The greatest Greco-Roman wrestler ever (prior to Alexander Karelin)
- The most perfectly developed physical specimen the world had ever seen (at that point)
- The world’s strongest man of his era and might have been the
strongest wrestler of all-time
NET WORTH: $32 million USD (2011)
Hogan was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005.
He is a 12-time world champion being a six-time WWF/WWE Champion, six-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion, and a former WWE World Tag Team Champion with Edge. He is the second longest-reigning WWF Champion of all time (after Bruno Sammartino) and the longest-reigning of the 1980s, having held the title for 1,474 days from 1984-1988, as well as the longest-reigning WCW World Heavyweight Champion of all time, with a 469 day reign from 1994-1995. Hogan won the Royal Rumble in 1990 and 1991, making him the first man to win two consecutive Royal Rumbles.
ESTIMATED CAREER EARNINGS: $80 million
MMA RECORD: 35-4, 1 NC
CAREER DISCLOSED EARNINGS: $1 100 000 USD
- PRIDE World Heavyweight Championship (One time; Last)
- PRIDE 2004 Heavyweight World Grand Prix Champion
- Fighting Network RINGS
- RINGS Openweight Championship (One time; Last)
- RINGS 2001 Absolute Class Tournament Winner
- RINGS 2001 Openweight Title Tournament Winner
- World Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts
- WAMMA Heavyweight Championship (One time; First; Last)
- 2010 SportAccord World Combat Games Sambo Ambassador
- Fédération Internationale Amateur de Sambo
- FIAS Hall of Fame
- 2008 FIAS World Combat Sambo Championships Bronze Medalist
- 2008 Russian Federation President’s Cup Combat Sambo Gold Medalist
- 2007 FIAS World Combat Sambo Championships Gold Medalist
- 2005 FIAS World Combat Sambo Championships Gold Medalist
- 2002 FIAS World Combat Sambo Championships Gold Medalist
- 2002 FIAS World Combat Sambo Championships Absolute Gold Medalist
- 1997 European Combat Sambo Championships Gold Medalist
- Russian Combat Sambo National Championship (2002, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012)
- Russian Combat Sambo National Championship 3rd Place (1998, 2000)
- 1998 Russian Armed Forces Combat Sambo Championships Absolute Silver Medalist
- 1998 Russian Armed Forces Combat Sambo Championships Gold Medalist
- 2004 Dagestan Open Combat Sambo Gold Medalist
- 2003 Union of Heroes Cup Combat Sambo Gold Medalist
- 2003 Moscow Open Combat Sambo Gold Medalist
- International Judo Federation
- 1999 Sofia Liberation A-Team Senior Bronze Medalist
- 1999 Moscow International Tournament Senior Bronze Medalist
- Russian Judo Federation
- Russian National Championship Senior Absolute 3rd Place (1999)
- Russian National Championship Senior 3rd Place (1998)
NICKNAME: one half of the “Bruise Brothers” with his Red Wing teammate Joey Kocur
BIRTHDATE: June 5, 1965
DEAD DATE: July 5, 2010 (aged 45)
BIRTHPLACE: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
WEIGHT: 225 lbs
PLAYING CAREER: 1985-2002
POSITION: Left Wing
PLAYED FOR: AHL (Adirondack Red Wings); NHL (Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks)
NHL DRAFT: 3rd round (46th overall), 1983 Detroit Red Wings
TOTAL NHL CAREER SALARY: over $13 000 000
FIGHTS STATS: 163-54-62 / Win 58% Total 342 Fights (.243 per Game) FightCard
ACCOMPLISHMENT: Bob Probert was the NHL Heavyweight champion and is known as the toughest/greatest Hockey fighter of all time.
OTHER COMMENTS: Bob Probert was a smoker, a boozer, and a coke addict. He was such a party animal that he would stay out all night, till 7 A.M. dress for practice and play that night. He microwaved his own urine to fool the testers into thinking it had just come out of his body. An hellraiser in and out of the rink, brawling with police officers as well.
BIRTHDATE: January 22, 1970
BIRTHPLACE: Dewsbury, Yorkshire
RESIDENCE: Leeds, England
WEIGHT: 360 lbs
BODY FAT: 20%
DIET: 6000 to 7000 calories a day
BEST COMPETITION LIFTS:
SQUAT: 1214 lbs/551 kg
BENCH PRESS: 755 lbs/342.5 kg
DEADLIFT: 1009 lbs/457.5 kg
BEST TOTAL: 2806 lbs/1273 kg
KNOWN FOR: First man to ever deadlift 1000 lbs
- 6 times World Superheavyweight Powerlifting Champion
- Official World Record holder in the squat (550.5kg, -1213lbs)
- Official World Record holder in the Total (1273kg, -2806lbs)
- Official World Record holder in the Deadlift (455kg, -1003lbs)
- The only man in history to cross the 1000lb barrier in the deadlift.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic WPO Professional World Champion.
– 3-time WPC World Super Heavyweight Powerlifting Champion (2000, 2001, 2008)
5th place at the inaugural 2002 Arnold Strongman Classic
2th place at the UK Strongman Docklands Challenge
OCCUPATION: Powerlifter, strongman, strength coach
POWERLIFTING EARNINGS: Sponsorship pays for his equipment and travel, but his annual take-home income from his sport rarely exceeds $10,000 (£5,200) in prize money.
OTHER COMMENTS: He started weight training at the age of 18. And the first time he ever lifted he squatted 500 lbs and deadlifted 600 lbs… Won his first powerlifting competition in January 1991 at 21 years old. It was a local powerlifting event called the BAWLA Yorkshire Junior Championships… In October 2010, he deadlifted 965 lbs raw at an High School appearance.
BIRTHDATE: January 7, 1942
DIED: November 25, 2011 at age 69
in Munich, Germany
BIRTHPLACE: Pokrovo-Shishkino, Ryazan Oblast, Russia
HEIGHT: 6’1″ (186 cm)
WEIGHT: 357 lbs (161.75 kg) (1980 Summer Olympics)
- Snatch: 419 lbs (190.0 kg) in 1977-09-01 on Podolsk;
- Clean and press: 521 lbs (236.5 kg) official world record until 1972
- Clean and jerk: 564 lbs (256.0 kg) in 1977-11-01 on Moscow
- Total: 1419 lbs/645.0 kg (clean and press + snatch + clean and jerk), in 1972-04-15, on Tallinn, official world record until 1972
- Total: 979 lbs/445.0 kg (snatch + clean and jerk) on Podolsk
- 80 World Records
- 81 Soviet Records
- 2 Olympic Gold Medals (1972 Summer Olympics in Munich and the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal).
- 8 World Weightlifting Championships Gold Medals (1970 to 1977)
- 8 European Weightlifting Championships Gold Medals (1970 to 1978 except for 1976)
OTHER COMMENTS: Vasily Alexeev began practising weightlifting at age 18… Believe it or not, Vassily wasn’t a naturally large man but was encouraged to gain weight that added strength… Started training solo in 1968… In January 1970, he setted his first world record. He was the first to ever lift in competition.
NICKNAMES: Pudzian, Dominator, Pyton
BIRTHDATE: February 7, 1977
BIRTHPLACE: Biala Rawska, Poland
HOMETOWN: Lodz, Poland
HEIGHT: 6’1″ (186 cm)
WEIGHT: 291 lbs (132 kg)
NAPE: 21.62″ (54 cm)
BICEPS: 22″ (56 cm)
FOREARMS: 17.72″ (45 cm)
CHEST: 58.27″ (148 cm)
WAIST: 36.22″ (92 cm)
THIGHS: 31.5″ (80 cm)
TITLES: 5-Time World’s Strongest Man (a record)
SPORT EARNINGS: he said that winner of World Strong Man can get 60000 USD, and winner of Grand Prix in USA from 10000 to 15000 USD. His main sources of revenues are his school for bodyguards and various real estates he owns.
TRAINING EXPENSES: In an interview at the beginning of his world strongman career he said that his supplements, training, massages, etc. costs him approximately 6000 złoty (ca. 2000 USD) per month
Sports Illustrated December 7, 1987
NICKNAME: The Austrian Oak
BIRTHDATE: July 30, 1947
BIRTHPLACE: Thal, Austria
HOMETOWN: California, USA
WEIGHT (Contest): 235 lbs
WEIGHT (Off-season): 260 lbs
BEST COMPETITION LIFTS (1963-1968)source
- Clean & press – 264 lb (120 kg)
- Snatch – 243 lb (110 kg)
- Clean & jerk – 298 lb (135 kg)
- Squat – 470 lb (215 kg)
- Bench press – 440 lb (200 kg)
- Deadlift – 680 lb (310 kg)
BODYBUILDING PRO CAREER: 1968-1980
+ 7-time Mr. Olympia (1970-1975, 1980)
+ 3 times NABBA Mr. Universe (1968-1970)
+ 1970 AAU Pro Mr. World
+ 1968 German Powerlifting Championship
+ 1966 International Powerlifting Championship
+ 1966 Best-Built Athlete
NET WORTH: $400 million USD (2011)
THE ULTIMATE ACHIEVER
Arnold Schwarzenegger is the ultimate achiever by excellence. His goals in life were to become a Mr. Olympia, a mainstream actor, a millionaire businessman, to married a woman from an affluent family, and to become the President of the United States. Just that!
Check out his palmares:
– Began weight training at 15
– Won Mr. Universe 4 times (1967-1970). Becoming the youngest ever Mr. Universe at the age of 20
– Won Mr. Olympia 7 times (1970-1975, 1980). Becoming the youngest ever Mr. Olympia at the age of 23.
– Was a millionaire businessman by the age of 30. Well before his acting career officially start off.
– Started his acting career in 1969 and went on to became one of Hollywood’s most famous action hero in 1982 til now.
– Married Maria Shriver, the niece of none other than the late US President John F. Kennedy, in 1986.
– Became the 38th Governor of California in office from November 17, 2003 to January 3, 2011.
– Sorry for the presidency. Arnold isn’t American-born.
Who would have said, other than Arnold himself, that a muscular kid from Austria, who barely speak english, with an horribly long name, would become the most influential bodybuilder of all time, Hollywood most famous star, an almost billionaire businessman, and the Governor of California!!! What the hell are you smoking!!! That’s impossible! It’s possible! Arnold did it all! Now the last thing Arnold had to do is to become the President of the United States of American. Just then he could die in peace.
HIS SECRETS: VISUALISATION. He would write his objectives at the start of the year on index cards and succeed in doing so.