Bobby Lashley AKA Lashley has it all! The look, the strength, the physique, the athleticism, and more importantly… Lashley is one of the most jacked pro wrestlers ever…
Talk about bringing legitimacy back into pro wrestling… Lashley is a legit asskicker!! Lashley is a 3-time amateur wrestling Collegiate National Champion… a former United States Army member…
Lashley is also an active and winning MMA Fighter currently signed with Bellator. Bobby Lashley is the real deal!
Born July 16, 1976, from Denver, Colorado, USA, Bobby Lashley is a legit 6’2″, 245 pounds of chiseled muscle, a 76″ reach, and a dubious 3.6% body fat.
Before becoming a pro wrestler in November 2004, at age 28, in Ohio Valley Wrestling (WWE farm territory) Lashley was training for the Olympics (Freestyle Wrestling) in 2003. However his 2004 Olympics dreams were shattered when he suffered a knee injury while doing business at a bank where a robbery broke out.
So he wents and eventually excelled in pro wrestling. Lashley was so “over” in WWE that he was handpicked (kayfabe) by The Donald Trump to face Vince McMahon’s choice, Umaga, at WrestleMania 22 in “The Battle Of The Billionaires”. A match that Lashley eventually won, costing the hair of Mr. McMahon.
Making his MMA pro debut in December 13, 2008, at age 32, defeating journeyman Joshua Franklin by doctor stoppage in 41 seconds.
Take a look at his one foot long list of championships and accomplishments
- International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles
- NYAC Christmas Tournament Senior Freestyle Silver Medalist (2001)
- International Military Sports Council
- CISM Armed Forces Championships Senior Freestyle Gold Medalist (2003)
- CISM Military World Championships Senior Freestyle Silver Medalist (2002)
- CISM Armed Forces Championships Senior Freestyle Silver Medalist (2002)
- USA Wrestling
- Third in the USA World Team Trials Senior Freestyle (2003)
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
- NAIA Collegiate National Championship (1996, 1997, 1998)
- NAIA All-American (1995, 1996, 1997, 1998)
- Kansas Wrestling Coaches Association
- KWCA Collegiate Wrestler of the Year (1998)
- National High School Coaches Association
- NHSCA Senior All-American (1994)
- Kansas State High School Activities Association
- KSHSAA 6A High School State Championship (1994)
- KSHSAA 6A High School State Championship Runner-up (1993)
- KSHSAA 6A All-State (1993, 1994)
Mixed Martial Arts
- Shark Fights
- Shark Fights Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)
- Xtreme Fight Night
- XFN Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI Rookie of the Year (2005)
- PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2006)
- PWI ranked him #9 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2007
- Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- TNA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)
- TNA Championship Series (2009)
- World Wrestling Entertainment
- ECW World Championship (2 times)
- WWE United States Championship (1 time)
Nonetheless I have to mention that his two MMA titles are worthless.
Hard to believe but Lashley wasn’t a born big man. Since he competed in the 84-pound high school division in his freshman year!!! Years later, as a “full growth” man, he used to competes as a 168 pounds collegiate wrestler.
Juiced or not, it is unbelievable how such a skinny man can add nearly 100 pounds of pure lean muscle to his frame!!!!
All that to say that Bobby Lashley is the best TNA World Heavyweight Champion you can get.