Barely being able to make ends meet and doing everything he can possibly do to cover his ill son’s growing medical bills, Hector Chavez (Hector Echavarria) turns to his fighting roots in the underbelly of LA. His amateur Mixed Martial Arts videos go viral grabbing the attention of the world’s top MMA federation. Hector is then given a dream come true opportunity to go up against the MMA World Champion; a vicious fighter whose last opponent is in critical condition in the same hospital as his son. Hector is faced with a real do-or-die situation and must risk it all so his son can have the surgery he needs to survive.
- The underdog: A 42 years old (18-0) amateur MMA Fighter and internet sensation addicted to misery.
- The Madonna: His pure and beautiful loving wife.
- A sick kid requiring an expansive life-saving surgery.
- A degenerate gambler.
- A low-life, sleazy amateur fight promoter.
- 3 useless scumbag gangbangers. As if our blue-collar hero needed any more trouble.
- A wise priest.
- A tattooed badass giga-cool charismatic MMA Big League promoter.
- His smallest trouble: A murderous bearded and hairy villain 6’5″, 279-pound (45-0) World Champion who is actually his $100,000 meal-ticket.
A good film anyway!