Theagenes of Thasos: The Greatest Boxer That Ever Lived?
Theagenes of Thasos, son of Timosthenes
– Boxer, Pankratiast & Runner
– Knocked out 2102 men
– Killed 1800 men
– Olympic Games: 2 victories (1 in boxing in the 75th Olympiad, 480 BCE; 1 in pankration in the 76th Olympiad, 476 BCE)
– Pythian Games: 3 boxing
– Isthmian Games: 9 boxing, 1 pankration
– Nemean Games: 9 boxing
– Unbeated at boxing for 22 years
– Won 1300 titles
(A perfect all-around athlete; depending of the source, Theagenes is estimated to have won 1400 races, 1400 Pankration matches, and 1300 boxing victories. The later contradicts his assumed 2102 KOs and 1800 dead record.)
Theagenes of Thasos is considered to be the greatest boxer of ancient Greek times.
– He beat all-time great and future three-time Champion Euthymos
– The duration of his career
– And the number of his wins.