Idō funō means unmovable
BIRTHPLACE:Utsunomiya, Tochigi prefecture, Japan
HEIGHT: 6'3" (191 cm)
WEIGHT: 439 lbs (199.5 kg)
YEARS PRO: 11
FIGHTING STYLE: Sumo
DEBUT: Age 15
HIGHEST RANK: Yokozuna (Grand Champion) at age 22.
Lured by Money and prestige, Yokozuna Idofuno left sumo wrestling, cut his hair, shred some weight, and joined the UST-3. He said that it was the hardest decision of his life.
- Immense size and strength.
- Consistent and injury-free during his sumo career.
- Live to fight another day. Will tap-out sooner than later.
- Lack of speed and stamina.
- Gambling. Susceptible to throw matches for the sake of erasing gambling debts.
- Throat thrust
- Falling hip toss
- Belly-to-belly suplex
- Forearm choke
Sumo styles can broadly be broken down into two types: Oshi-sumo, or “thrusting” style, and Yotsu-sumo, or “grappling” style. The former is about brute force and pushing your opponent out of the ring; the latter is more about forcing your opponent to the ground or using their momentum against them.
His favorite style is Oshi-sumo (thrusting).
Yokozuna Idofuno is mainly a bulldozer who prefers driving straight forward and pushing HOWEVER from time to time, depending of his opponent, he likes to change of strategy on the fly.
- Hookers are wrestlers who look to dig deep for an underhook and a strong hold on the opponent's mawashi (that sumo thong).
- Bulldozers are those who attempt to drive straight into the opponent and push him out of the dohyo.
- Boxers are those who immediately open up with palm strikes to the chest and face.
- Stranglers are wrestlers who immediately attempt to drive the opponent back by the neck.
- Matadors are those who side step the tachi-ai and allow their opponent to drive past them. (source)
Exceptionally talented, Idofuno is proficient in all five categories.
GEAR: Mawashi (sumo belt)
MUSICAL THEME: "Sumo" by Jim Johnston
Brought to you by
Yokozuna Idofuno is the exclusive property and creation of PYGOD (Créé le 18 janvier 2017)