Here's just a "few" of the injuries Triple H has sustained in the ring:
- Completely torn quadriceps muscles/tendons in BOTH legs that required major surgery and rehab. (FYI, both injuries happened in the ring and Triple H continued to wrestle and finish both matches on one leg!)
- Torn biceps tendon (shoulder surgery)
- Two elbow surgeries to remove 9 bone spurs that the surgeon said were the size of "human teeth". One of the spurs was lodged in the joint, preventing any movement in the elbow.
- Torn adductor muscle
- Torn Piriformis muscle
- Knee surgery (Thermal Heat Probe) to track the Patella: This is when the surgeon cuts the tendon on one side (to create some slack) and burns the tendon on the other side (to shrink/tighten it) in order to track the knee cap better
- Over a dozen high ankle sprains
- Torn calf muscle sustained when 'Cactus Jack' suplexed Triple H through a wood pallet and a piece of the pallet broke off and pierced right through his calf muscle - all the way to the bone! (Triple H pulled the piece of wood out and finished the match with his boot drenched in blood.)
It's not always good to be king!
My source is:
a very interesting and legit article written by Triple H physical conditioning trainer. Now, Triple H's train more like an athlete than a musclehead.
Watch out for Triple H 's Wrestlemania 28 (2012) training video.